Blue Flower

The customers calling for appointments has increased.  We are well into the 2018 tax season. Many people have heard that they would not get back as much this year.  Or... "I am paying more this year!"

We would like to explain this for our friends and customers. Generally speaking, my clients are paying a lower rate of tax and receiving similar tax refunds.  Many people forget that the withholding tables were changed and their employers were withholding less.  So... withholding less, larger standard deductions and lower tax rates means less taxes paid and similar refund.

We believe that large refunds mean that the taxpayer is not managing their finances to their best advantage.  John S Turner and Associates is available to discuss financial strategies to minimize income taxes and offer solutions to acquiring and keeping your money.

Contact us for more information.


The new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) is causing many taxpayers to ask themselves “Am I withholding enough taxes? Should I change my withholding?”

Think this might be important? The amount of federal and state taxes you withhold from each paycheck determines whether you’ll get a refund, break even, or owe taxes when you file your return.  Want to eliminate surprises at tax time? You should probably review your withholdings and possibly change your Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate.

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has created a IRS withholding calculator that every tax payer should check out.  The process will take a few minutes to complete but will give you peace of mind, knowing if you are withholding enough from each paycheck.  If analysis shows you are under withholding, you still have time to adjust the amount withheld by filling out Form W-4. The IRS Withholding Calculator and Instructions is here

If this seem too difficult, John S Turner & Associates can help. Send us an email and we can start the process making sure you are not surprised next January.


It's easy to get an appointment. Just contact our office and we'll setup an appointment for you..

What do I need?

New clients should bring a copy of last year's tax returns (federal, state and local).

The all of the basic information:

W-2s, 1099-B. 1099-INT,1009-DIV, 1099-MISC, 1099-SA and cash payments made for work you did.Did you pay quarterly estimated payments?  Will need list of date, amount and to whom. These are just a few of the items needed.  When you contact us, we can send a detailed list to help remind you.

Contacting Our Office

We are located in Monroe County Michigan.  If you would like an appointment, please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. We will respond quickly and setup an appointment.




John S Turner & Associates have begun their income tax filing season.  We have worked in Monroe County Michigan for over 20 years.  We specialize in personal and small business taxes.  If you are looking for someone to help you file your income taxes, John S Turner & Associates can help.

An appointment can be setup by emailing This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..  We will call you and setup an appointment.